Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Proper Introduction (& More About Your Remoteland Blogger)

Hey awesome nerds! Fantatics. Music-enthusiasts. Movie-buffs. Whatever you may be.

My first post here a few days ago was a bit rushed through and didn’t really give you much, did it? I know. I was trying to hurry with the set-up and get things done before having to log off. So let’s make this a more proper introduction, and more about me--Pixie--before things begin kicking off here.

I’m not afraid to admit I love TV and movies. I go through my stages (especially certain times of the year) where I may not watch as much television, but I always have at least one or two shows on my definite must-watch list throughout the year. When it comes to movies, I’m always the slacker with new releases even though I love sitting down and watching them. I just have a general distaste for theater crowds most of the time. I either go when the movie buzz has already worn off and the film is about to be taken out of the theater, or I wait to rent it later. Ha.

I love music. I think anyone who hates music would be soul-less. My play list probably consists of a majority of country and rock music--mostly rock in all styles--but I’m also known to enjoy a wide variety of genres. My mood will affect my music choice often. Ha.

My celebrity inspirations: Tim Burton, Joss Whedon, Jennifer Lawrence, JK Rowling, Patrick Stewart, George Takei, Alan Rickman.

Crushes: Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, Ian Somerhalder, Jennifer Lawrence, Johnny Depp, Alexander Skarsgard, Angelina Jolie, James Marsters, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Will Smith, Orlando Bloom, Lucy Hale, Troian Bellisario, Norman Reedus, Luke Bryan, Sully Erna…. Hahaha… The ones I can name easily off the top of my head anyway. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few though. It’s late as I’m writing this. :P

I seem to like (and hold on to more often) TV series that provide elements I share common interests with mostly. Since I’m also an author and book blogger, I get attached to shows that have a lot of the same qualities I enjoy reading in books or writing about myself like paranormal or strange, twisty plot lines, drama, hints of comedic/sarcastic and witty characters that are relatable, and action. Two of my favorite shows of all time? Supernatural and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Supernatural just a slight hair better maybe, but it could be because it’s still going and… Jensen… and I’m a little biased). I also love The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, and True Blood.

I also get into a lot of comedy and some reality. I don’t go overboard… and I get picky when it comes to the two of these categories. Earlier this year, I fell in love with Sean Saves the World (yay for Sean Hayes being back!), and have been a long-time fan of Big Bang Theory. I’m also a dedicated fanatic to Big Brother every summer, so watch out for a lot of that going on here come next year I’m sure. ;)

Favorite movies: The Hunger Games, Pirates of the Caribbean (1-3), Rock of Ages, Pitch Perfect, Back to the Future, The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Sweeney Todd, Harry Potter, X-Men (X-Men: First Class is my fave so far of the bunch), Romeo & Juliet, The Avengers, Star Trek, I Am Legend, Zombieland, Labyrinth, The Crow, Get Him to the Greek, Alice in Wonderland.
I love musicals. I think I'm the only one in my family that actually enjoys them, so I tend to watch by myself most of the time. Ha.  



Other little facts about me: I love vintage things, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the 80's and 90's, cartoons and Disney movies, western boots, and tennis. I'm a comic book geek with an obsession for X-Men mostly... and if I go to Comic-Con, I want to be Mystique. I love playing video games also, but haven't in recent months because of my hectic schedule. Best games though: Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Grand Theft Auto, Any Mario game, The Sims, and Spyro.
Also, I don't trust anyone who says they hate candy.

Okay, so what else? I don’t think there’s really anything else to tell now at this point. You’ll probably learn more through time. And you’ll also learn my opinions change easy through time. Especially with viewings and such.

Hmm.. I guess I should say that there might not be a regular schedule going on here. I will update as often as I can, when I can. I stay fairly busy this time of year with many things, and being behind on my book blogging at the moment will put that matter to catch-up there first before I work around to here. But not to worry. I’ll get to it all as quickly as I can.

In the meantime, have any additional questions and want to know more about me? Feel free to ask away in the comments and I will respond in a post soon!



Have a happy week.




No comments:

Post a Comment